Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Pool owner trying to find best way to solve my Jandy Aqualink

Customer Question

Pool owner trying to find best way to solve my Jandy Aqualink problem. I have the Aqualink RS system with PDA control PS6. Was installed in 2008. Just had a Pentair Intelliflo VS pump installed which cant be controlled with this firmware version.
PDA revision 3.0 - but I don't know which version the board is. I have spoken to at least 8 Jandy reps who all tell me different things and I can't seem to find a reliable/honest repair person to recommend what part I need and what it will cost to upgrade to control the new VS pump. Have been told I need 5 or 6 different part numbers to replace the CPU board,
etc. Jandy's customer service is beyond frustrating - please help!! Many thanks.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
A PPD chip upgrade should be all that is needed to make your Aqualink system work with the Pentair pump.
Have a look at the PPD chip on the CPU board - it should have a firmware version label attached to it. You will need to upgrade the chip. Part number R0443100.
Or you can try fitting a conversion kit, part number PDACONVJ.
Both options will cost an estimated $500-700.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This response is equally as unhelpful as the Jandy customer service responses have been. I would have thought a professional might have had a fur
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further question or two to help me get to a solution. Am completely dissatisfied with this response. And I'm not happy having to pay for it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the answer I have given you is specific and correct.
Yyou can ask as many additional questions as you want on this question page for no additional cost.