poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Anybody there?

Customer Question

anybody there?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Jandy RS One that is not working. The PCB is #8124A. The 24v transformer is supplying power to the PCB. The PCB does not respond at all. The fuse is not blown. Is there any other trouble shooting I can do or is the panel bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first powered up the panel this season, all Panel lights were lit but no operation of the panel was allowed. I turned off the breaker to the panel and powered it back on. At that point no lights came on at all.I've tried to power down the RS one for 2 min... nothing.I've tried the reset...nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried again recently and now the "Auto" light comes on about 90% of the time I throw the breaker. Still not other lights and no control.Some power seems to work on the PCB. The remote link has lights on, but just reads "Firmware Rev B11."
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, there are a few hundred of us here, but none apparently want to risk picking your question up because you have not said what it is, an air conditioner? Washing machine, Jet ski? etc
If you can give me a brand and model number I will try to get you to an expert on that range of items.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on the pool and spa expert line and I said jandy RS one...thought that was a clue...It's a pool controller question...
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Controls/AquaLink-OneTouch.aspx
Is that the item?
Is that the manual for it?
Are you getting the LED display?
Look that over tell me if this is what you have and I will attempt to find a spa expert who is familiar with that controller.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is only the controller. My problem is with the jandy power center and panel control board pcb#8124a.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the PCB is in the Sub-Panel Power Center.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Power Control Board (PCB) is in this box.http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Controls/AquaLink-Power-Center.aspx
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, it appears that none of our pool experts are willing to take on diagnosing the PCB for you... I am not familiar with that particular PCB.
Generally speaking however if it is getting power, and not outputting a signal of any sort, it is generally bad.
A high percentage of techs would replace the card in this circumstance but I cannot recommend it from here, so will not post this as an answer, and will opt out hopefully for someone else to give you a more explicit answer or provide some guidance on testing.
Good luck with it.
.