Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

Every time I change the water and filters, I have difficulty

Customer Question

Every time I change the water and filters, I have difficulty getting the hot tub to fire back up and heat. I get the PR message but it doesn't it transition and heat. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the plumbing field. I'll be glad to assist you today. If you fill the spa through the filter housing instead of laying the hose in the tub that will help. Air is getting trapped and causing an air lock and preventing heating until the air is pushed out. Also if you place the new filter in the tub while filling that will pre-soak the filter and release the air that is trapped in the filter. That will solve the issue next time.