Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a hot tub had to buy a new control box the problem is

Customer Question

I have a hot tub had to buy a new control box the problem is I have a temp sensor that is already installed in tub that has a different connection then the new box can I splice that probe to the new connector that come with box also the probe in the tub has more wires than the new one
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the old probe has a black green and red the new one has blue and red
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? No I would not try to re-use the old sensor as it will most likely not give you a correct reading. You need to use the sensors that are with the new control box. Every control box is designed to only work with certain other devices, like the topside and sensors if the wrong one is used the system will either not work or work incorrectly. The engineers have designed it to work with what they include.
Also it is never a good idea to splice wires together anyway. They never work correctly after that.