TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I changed just about everything in my Calypso I , I have power to circ

Customer Question

I changed just about everything in my Calypso I , I have power to circuit board (newone) but nothing to new control panel
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
have you ohmed out the harnesses yet for continuity?
Harnesses are prone to failure over time.
use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please explain omhed and harnrss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please explain your answer in laymen terms
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
What is the model year of your Sundance?
When was the tub working correctly last and can you give me more details including anything you have done or changed since it was working correctly.
Please include a pic of your circuit board and of inside the control box so I can get a good look at it.
Thank you, ***** *****
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tks Todd
Calypso I 1997 Model OCL 3600 CL217372 06/97
Control Panel 780 series #6600710 and SUNDA(###) ###-####Board PWA. I have power to the box as evidence by the yellow light but when I plug the control unit (telephone type connection) it does not light up. I'm doing this with no water in the spa. Everything else has been replaced past five years by a technician for spas and, after latest issue -no input to control panel- they suggested that I replace board and control panel but al at same point.
Tks for your interest and reply.Louis Lalonde
If we are going to get anywhere troubleshooting in this format, you will need a multi-meter and know how to do some basic voltage testing.
Is that something you are comfortable with?
The first thing to do is to check the incoming voltage to the tub. You should have approx. 240v across the red/black wires on the terminal block below the board. You must have 240v across line 2 (usually red) and past the 30amp fuse to check proper voltage to the board. If those 2 readings are good, the transformer is the next place to check. I will need a pic of your board to guide you through it easier.
Just to be clear; you are not getting any functions or display from the topside...completely dead. Is that correct?
Please be aware that powering the spa empty runs a risk of ruining your heater.
Standing by,
Todd
Do you still need help with your hot tub issue?
Standing by,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that with a technician Tks
Okay, please make certain that the service person knows how to and checks that your transformer is working correctly before buying another circuit board.
I highly recommend you use a Sundance dealer or someone very experienced in Sundance/Jacuzzi for your service.
Fuses are simple and can cause your issue as well.
Good luck and return if you wish to continue.
Have a nice day,
Todd