poolofficial
poolofficial, Business owner
Experience:  CPO, Service & repairs over 16 years
63325860

My pool pump is not turning on. I have checked my circuit breaker. It is difficult to

Customer Question

Hi. My pool pump is not turning on. I have checked my circuit breaker. It is difficult to keep it in the on postition. It is a double switch. When I succeed to put it in the on position there is no power to the pump. How can I tell if it is the breaker or the pump?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolofficial replied 1 year ago.
Disconnect the wires from the pump, making sure they stay apart. Turn on the breaker and chk to see if you have the correct power at the wires. If you have the correct power, secure power again. Reconnect to pump and turn power back on. If the breaker trips, more than likely you have a bad motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that. Is it easy to disconnect the wires from the pump?
Fairly easy, secure power first and on back of motor you will see a cover plate. Remove it and you should be able to see the power wires going to motor.