poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I just opened my swimming pool a few days ago and have two

Customer Question

I just opened my swimming pool a few days ago and have two issues. One, I have a polaris 280 vaccum with a dedicated line. When I turn on the booster pump, the water runs from the filter into the dedicated line at a slow speed for about 30 seconds, and then stops running through the piping and into the line at all. I have clear tubing going into the line and I can see that there is just an air gap there. Second, when I turn on the filter, I have high pressure for about 2 minutes before the pressure drops to normal levels. I'm more concerned about the vaccuum question at this point.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 years ago.
It defiantly sounds like you have a clog issue in the filter. As for the Polaris, the system relies on the pool filter to push the water through the line to operate. If you have a Sand or D.E. filter then try and backwash the system to relieve the higher presser. If you have an air lock the system should still push the water through the line and force the air out the return. You can try blowing air through the system to clear out any clogs as well, you will need to find a spot that you can open to use a shop vac on blow setting and force air through the line and back to pool. If the pressure in the filter runs high then that is an indication of a blockage on the return side of the system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you're saying the clog is in the filter and not in the polaris dedicated line? So the water coming from the filter is getting clogged up? Why would the water still circulate in the pool then? My pool is definitely blueing up and getting cleaner from chemicals. Should I open the filter and see if there are clogs in there? I have a shop vac and have blow out the dedicated polaris line already
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a DE filter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd like to keep working through this issue, can you answer the above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you refer me elsewhere please, I'm not happy with this answer