Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a hot springs prodigy model H. It recently stopped heating.

Customer Question

I have a hot springs prodigy model H. It recently stopped heating. The red light is on constantly on the front panel. Inside the cover of the internal control panel both the res and green light are on. Testing across the white and black wires of the heater read 10.2 ohms. Turning off the spa back on with the heater unplugged and after the heater light was on, testing the vac between the h1 and h2 terminals produced 0 voltage. I removed the heater board and the relays do not appear to be burnt out. The heater panel has been replaced befor with a 2008 Invensys heater board and the circulation pump was replaced about 2 years ago. The filters are 3 months old. Suggestions.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
number one place to start is flow/pressure switch...pump may be running but if the switch does not make the heater will not get power.
use reply to continue