poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Whirlpool Jacuzzi tub, and the water spout keeps leaking. Plumbers

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Jacuzzi tub, and the water spout keeps leaking.
Plumbers keep giving me different responses on how to repair the water from the spout.
What part do I need to purchase?
Is there a specialist in Palm Springs, CA who can repair it for me?
Best wishes,
***** *****
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. I am unsure of a specialist to recommend in your area but it should be something that you can repair yourself if you are a bit handy. I am able to tell you how but I will require more information please. Is the spout dripping or is it leaking at the base? Do you know the model of the faucet or the manufacturer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,All I know is that it is a Whirlpool . It is oval in shape (approximately 60" x 42"). It has a white cover over the water spout that is rectangular 5" x 8" approximately. The Jacuzzi tub is in marble casing and I do not want that ripped out (as one plumber suggested). I saw the water spout cover on a Whirlpool parts for sale (online) site. However, one plumber said he wanted to take out the hot and cold controls??!! What do you think that I should do? I tried to remove the plastic water spout with my hands, but I could not. Lisa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
So you do not know if it is leaking from the base or if it is dripping from the spout? Is it leaking under the tub or out of the end of the spout? Do you see a brand name printed on it? It may be printed on the spout. How old is it and is this a new problem or has it always been this way?