poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Good Morning, I changed the water and filter in my hot tub

Customer Question

Good Morning, I changed the water and filter in my hot tub a couple of days ago and restarted it. The temp is set for 100 degrees which it usually gets there in a day. I checked this morning and its at 80 degrees. The pump is running but I'm getting an FL code. The gates are open and I tried bleeding off any air but not luck so far. It's a beachcomer 160 which I have had for years. Thanks
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 1 year ago.
IF the FL is flashing it is a flo issue. However if it is NOT flashing then the flow switch has malfunctioned or is bad and the tub will not heat to protect itself. Let me know if it is flashing or not.
If you have a steady FL , the flow switch is located near the circulation pump and should be in a clear housing. YOu can see if it has any debris in it that may be causing the problem. IF not just replace it. This is a common item to be replaced on all spas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will give it a try.
IF you do not see a clear housing with wires running to it (flow switch) then it may be white, but there should be 2 wires running to the top of it. If you are not sure , take a picture for me of the tub pump area.