Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I replaced my pool pump motor because the bearings were worn

Customer Question

I replaced my pool pump motor because the bearings were worn out and it was making a very loud annoying whirring noise. I connected the wires back exactly the way the original pump was connected. However, the pump is not working. I troubleshooted by verifying both L1 and L2 are hot and connected in the same place. Also, verified the ground wire is connected properly as well. I have checked all breakers and none are off or have been tripped. The timer which is where I also turn the pump on and off, was also replaced . The pump was tested with both the old and new timers and pump does not turn on. I have pics I can upload to show my wiring. Any help will be appreciated. I have not rule dout the pump being defective.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics added
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
From what i can see it looks like it is wired correctly. If you turn power on to the pump and test power at the back of the pump and you have 120 volts at both black and red power L1 and L2 and the pump will not run then it is defective and replace pump again.
If my answer did help you please rate my answer. I thank You in advance.