poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a PDC spa. curcuit board burnt up need a replacement

Customer Question

I have a PDC spa. curcuit board burnt up need a replacement can you help Model #GE 85 xp the 3s on the board are gecko 9911-500132 rev:e

ALSO #S on a white sticker on the board
WGA007754-05
9920-200452
Thanks XXXXX
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? I can definitely help out with that, but I'll need the ID number which will be on the ouside side of the box on a label, it will also be on the chip right on the board itself as well, Also, if you can get the Model # XXXXX which will be a long number with several dashes on it, which will also be on the outside label on the side of the box. Once I have those I can locate a board number for you to reorder from. Thanks, Jeff

Customer:

Poolguy 810, I have already sent all the numbers i could find

Customer:

you helped a person with the exact same problem on 12/14/2011 maybe you can check your files and find the same info for me

Customer:

Thanks

poolguy810 :

I answer so many questions everyday it's tough for me to track down one from that long ago unless you have the link to the question and then I might be able to track it down. I spoke with my contact at Gecko and none of those numers are producing anything at all to reference off of, That's the only reason I had asked for the ID number or the number off of the motherboard chip.

poolguy810 :

Ok, I found the question you were referring to, but I located that replacement board with the chip number, which I'm not finding here in our text, it will be stuck right to the motherboard chip on the circuit board and will look similar to cc-201- etc. with a lot of numbers after it. They've been changing the boards a lot over the years and some of the old ones are replaced witn completely new numbers, so we just need to make sure we get you one that's programmed the same way as the one you have.

Customer:

I think i found the # XXXXX the chip here it is 3-64-7002 322-05-00

poolguy810 :

That's what I needed, thanks - Okay the new board you need is part # XXXXX for the board. Now the new board has a different configuration than your old one in relation to the topside button layout, so you'll also need a new topside overlay, which is basically the sticker on your touchpad up top. All you have to do is peel the old sticker off and apply the new one, it's very easy to do, but if you don't replace it, when you hit your light button, the jets will come on, jets will make blower come on etc.

poolguy810 :

You can google those numbers and it will pop up many online people that carry them and it's well worth shopping around a bit as prices can vary greatly from one site to another.

poolguy810 :

http://www.pool-spa-supplies.com/index.php/gecko-board-assembly-kit-mspa-mp-ge1-0201-300014.html This one seems to be the least expensive I've come across so far

Customer:

do i need a # XXXXX the sticker or does it come with the board

poolguy810 :

Oh, sorry, meant to type it in and got side tracked talking - it's # XXXXX

poolguy810 :

And just to give you some sort of price reference, I'm a Gecko dealer and that board costs me $312.56 wholesale, so I'd normally be selling it for around $450 or so. The one site I found had it for LESS than my wholesale! That is just crazy when I see stuff like that.

poolguy810 :

Anything else I can help you out with on this?

poolguy810 :

Did your old one cook out on the heater relays by chance?

poolguy810 :

I only ask because that's where most boards fail.

Customer:

do i need a transformer it looks like it got a touch of heat when the board shorted out

poolguy810 :

I wouldn't get one immediately due to the fact that they very seldom fail on any spa unit and they all run hot, so nearly every transformer I see is brown and looks like it's been hot, that's just the nature of them all to look like that. 90% of the time it's just the heater relays that fail on most circuit boards of any brand.

Customer:

thanks

Experience: Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.