TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I have an cal spa 2100 series spa. It is showing error code

I have an cal spa 2100 series spa. It is showing error code FL. I have replaced the filter.. Can you tell me what to do next.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX allow me a moment to review your question thoroughly.

Good morning,

I will need a little info, then we can start to figure this out.

Have you recently fill the tub? Was it running and heating okay, then started the FL error?

Do the jets flow like they should? Both hi speed and low speed?

Is the pump running with the FL code?

Is the water level above the top or the filter skimmer?

Standing by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had a tech check the wiring ,then filled the tub, he said the heatedr was working ( it had power). Then i filled the tub and turned it on, the FL came on so I replaced the filter. The pump is running, water flows from jets but it will not let me do anything more at the control panel. Yes the water level is above the skimmer.

Okay, the tub is filled. It is flowing on low speed.

Is the FL solid or flashing?

What year is your Cal?

Please turn the power off, wait 1 minute.
Now, turn the power on and look at the display and watch/listen for the low speed jet pump to come on.
Does the FL error come on as soon as or before the pump....or a moment after the pump has started circulating?

Standing by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
pump starts immediately, shows temperature for several seconds then FL appears in the control area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The low speed jets start imediately also
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Then FL is solid. We purchased it in 2002
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

at the panel the SAFETY SUCTION light is illuminatewd but the HEAT ON light is not.

Okay, thank you.

Are the low speed jets flowing properly? They must be flowing on low and high speeds.

It is sounding like you have a bad pressure switch. This is what it looks like, it will be screwed into the heater tube:

graphicDo you have a test meter and can you access the control box and circuit
board in the hot tub? You will have to remove the equipment panel and
then the control box cover. Please do not touch anything inside the
control box until I ask you.

Standing by.

TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience: 15 yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry trying to do several things at once. I'm going to get the meter and move this computer to the tub area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
low speed jets flowing properly.
Okay,

Replace the flow switch. I can help you troubleshoot if you wish.

This is what is happening: The power is turned on and the low speed pump
comes on. That is supposed to trigger the pressure switch to close and
allow the heater to come on. That is not happening, the switch is bad (out
of calibration, stuck open/closed, bad micro switch,ect) and not
telling the circuit board the pump is flowing through the heater and it
is okay to allow it to turn on. Very common problem and very easy
solution.

They are available everywhere online or a any local hot tub store that
does service. I prefer the one pictured, but there are many models that
will work fine.

If you have any further questions, just ask. Have I answered your question thoroughly?

Thank you and have a nice day.
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks aftr waiting 5 days for the pressure switch you advised me to replace my Cal Spa had another problem. The SF function kicked on. Luckily the guy I bought my chemicals from knew what the problem was and told me how to fix that problem. Thanks a lot for your help