Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

genera infrared sauna issue: Only two (of 5) elements are operating.

Customer Question

genera infrared sauna issue: Only two (of 5) elements are operating. Voltage seems to be the issue as when the non-operational panels are connected to power that supplies the one that work - they too will work then. The voltage is about 50V for non-operational and 110 V for the circuit that works. The power distribution panel on top seems to have all good fuses but for some reason is delivering low power to most of the elements?

Can any one suggest something? I have it apart and can test. Wondered if it was the sensor, but probably not issues as it works when power is routed to the panel.

Thanks,
Rory
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am waiting. I have heard no word since I put in the question.
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HERE IS A DESCRIPTION OF THE UNIT
*********************************

26/03/2012
Genera 2 person infrared hemlock sauna with dual controls
orne
rou
s>
genera
2 person infrared hemlock sauna with
dual controls
Easybuckle-up assembly
Plug and play wiring
Made of Canadian hemlock
AMlFMlCD Player
2 speakers
Interior and exterior digital control panel
Five infrared ceramic heaters
Bmm tempered glass door
SKU: 962JOSOO7NAH
VMN: BS-9218
u=c: 067472008507
TECHNICAL SPECS/RATINGS
ETL certified to CSA and UL
standards
120V/60Hzl1600W
FINISH/COLOUR/PATTERN
Canadian Hemlock wood
MATERIAL/COMPOSITION
Hemlock wood, tempered glass,
ceramic heaters
DIMENSIONS: H XW XL
n/a
1940 x 1240 x 1210mm
76.38 x 48.82 x 47.64"
WARRANTY
1 year
WARRANTY HANDLING
Please contact our customer
service department through the
web or by calling 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.
PACKAGING
Colour label on kraft box
1 KD sauna
Box 1: 325mm (h) x 1240mm (w)
x 1780mm (d)
Box 2: See below
MASTER
CARTON DIMS: H XW XL
320 x 1270 x 1280mm
12.6 x 50 x 50.39"
Cube: 0.52m3/18.36ft3
WEIGHT
Net Weight: 150kg / 330.691b
Gross Weight: 168kg / 370.381b
CONTAINER QUANTITIES
40' container to Canada/USA
Pcs per container: 41
ADDITIONAL IMAGES, DOCUMENTATION
www.qualitycrafi.com/node/1550/print
sgn

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this was not helpful to me.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? Ok lets see you stated that you have tested voltage into the sauna control box correct? If the voltage coming in is good and you do get voltage to some panels but low voltage to others then you are correct in assuming that the relays on the power center are not operating properly. I came across this once with a carbon fiber sauna that was having limited power to the unit and I changed all fuses to no avail once I replaced the control box I was good, so I would say that you have checked all that you should I would just look and see if you can test each circuit into the relay and out of the relay that should control the units that are only getting 1/2 power. In most cases these relays are not replaceable and the entire control box needs to be replaced.
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience: Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
Hello I just wanted to see how it was going and if you were able to get to the root of the issue? Can I help you any further with this issue? Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for the answer, but it was not timely. I had already ordered the power panel from supplier days before receiving your reply. Your answer was good, but took too long.
Thanks,
Rory
OK no problem I am glad that you got it fixed.