garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

Greetings, I own a Jandy Aquapure 1400 with an RS Link. The

Customer Question

Greetings,
I own a Jandy Aquapure 1400 with an RS Link. The system is approximately 4 years old. On the outside control panel with the chlorine/salt controls I get an error code message 170. There is also a service message with a beep tone. Occassionally the indoor control panel will freeze and is inoperable until I reset the unit and shut off the power. The outside panel works fine in the service mode except for the error code 170/service messages. The chlorine generator and sensor look fine. The sensor is covered with plastic and there is no corrosion. Is this a problem with the front board, rear board, or transformer? The rear board is the least expensive to replace with the front board being the most expensive.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 2 years ago.

garrygoeson :

HI: mY name is Garry

garrygoeson :

Have you ever had this code come up before?

Customer:

Hello Garry,

Customer:

The code has been there for a couple of months now. This is the first time.

garrygoeson :

Before you replace any boards, try this:

garrygoeson :

disconnect the flow sensor from the board. then power on unit, if within about 10 seconds the 170 code goes away, replce the flow sensor

garrygoeson :

if you cant get the 170 code to disappear, then you may need to replace the front board

Customer:

Hello Garry,

Customer:

I unplugged the flow sensor and turned the power back on. The following events occurred...

Customer:

Code dE

Customer:

power on green light on user interface board

Customer:

Chlorine production flashing 00% jo

Customer:

Code 172 182 186

Customer:

Then yellow light and cell reversing green light

Customer:

Then codes 172 182 185 186

Customer:

I am not sure what the 180 series codes are about. Can you enlighten me? I then plugged back in the flow sensor and it went back to Code 170 and Service with the beeping. What do you think should be the next step? Could this problem have caused issues with the interior one touch control panel?

Customer:

Thanks Ray

garrygoeson :

Ray, It appears that you are no longer getting the 170 code. the other codes are to be expected, because they have to do with the flow sensor being disconnected. I want to find what the dE code is

garrygoeson :

right now I think you may have a bad sensor,but let me check something first,please stand by

garrygoeson :

ok Ray, sorry for the delay

garrygoeson :

based on what you tried , it appears you will need to replace the Flow Sensor

garrygoeson :

would you like the part #?

Customer:

yes please

garrygoeson :

do you have the sensor mounted on the cell(not threaded), or the threaded mounted on the tee assembly?

Customer:

Great question! let me go check to make sure. give me 5 minutes please. Also I read about black epoxy used in the better sensors?? I will be right back

Customer:

Hello Garry, The sensor itself is not threaded. There is a threaded cap that holds it on the tee. Ray

garrygoeson :

ok then you will need part #R0452500

garrygoeson :

you can order this through your local pool supplier

garrygoeson :

Please hit the ACCEPT button so i can get credited for this

Customer:

Thanks Garry

garrygoeson :

if you have other questions on this latter, I'll be glad to help again!

garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.

HI Ray:

I may have mistakenly given you the incorrect part # for the Flow Sensor. If you have the one that mounts on the Tee assembly, that # is R0403700. Double check with the supplier you get the part from to be certain.

My apology if I was wrong about this. Thank you