Jerry, Technician
Experience:  owned and operated spa and pool retail store for 12 yrs
34748161

My sundance spa is blinking FL-1 and it only heats to about

My sundance spa is blinking FL-1 and it only heats to aboutXXXXXto cold...the only number i can find is P/N 6530-133 REV.A...Help

Jerry :

welcome to ja.

Jerry :

Did this code show up after you washed the filter? or before?

Jerry :

FL codes are related to low flow. Generally becuase of clogged filters, or it could be low water levels. When air enters the pump it creates surges in the lines and will kick the pressure sensor.

Jerry :

When the pressure sensor or flow sensor kicks, it will not allow your heater to turn on, this is to protect the heater from dry firing and burning out.

Jerry :

My recommendation is to remove the filter and see if the spa will run with it out. If so you will have to replace the filter with a clean dry one that allows more flow.

Jerry :

If you continue to get the FL code, then you will need to look at replacing a sensor, if your pumps seem to be working correctly.

I noticed you had opened a new question. We can continue here for ease. Please look at my replies above. Since all of the pumps seem to be working correctly and you have good flow, then you wouldn't have any need to purchase a new filter. So with your continued flo code, you probably have a bad sensor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok Jerry i removed the filter in my sundance spa, for past 5 hours not hot. there is no filter and it runs jets and all but no heat and still flashes fl-1