poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Hi Pool guy. Its the new-bee with a pebble-tec Pool in

Hi Pool guy.

It's the new-bee with a pebble-tec Pool in Phoenix again. Another issue that has come up is a large crack on the rounded surface of the spa where water flows over and onto a rock feature and then into the pool. I have gone on-line and found patch material that seems it will do the job. I have viewed the accompanied video explaining how to repair a fault similar to mine. Again, I am quite handy and have completed a number of tile, concrete and stucco installations over the years and feel quite comfortable in tackling this repair. What is your suggestion?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 5 years ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? Hi, I think Rick helped you out before but he's offline right now. As for the crack, yes, they're not too terribly bad to patch, the biggest issue is normally trying to match up the same surface that you have already with the new patch material. With any crack, you're going to want to open it up to at least a quarter inch wide and apply a coating of Acryl 60 bonding agent so the patch material and the existing surface will bond together well. What your biggest issue is going to be is that with most cracks, it's due to settling ground and sometimes even after you patch it, it may crack again on you if the ground is still moving, so you may need to do it more than once.