poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

OK I have a 5 year old Nordic Crown XL hot tub and it needs

OK I have a 5 year old Nordic Crown XL hot tub and it needs some parts - looking for a parts list plus how to install jets. I also want to install light that changes and looking for suggestions there as well.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 2 years ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? what kind of parts are you looking for?

Customer:

jets - it has two in floor that need to be replaced. Internet search says that they use industry standard but I can't find which one they are using. This will probably be first of several inquiries as spa ages

poolguy810 :

well, the problem is that most spa manufacturers use jets from only a couple of different jet manufacturers and while they may not be exact replacements, most are going to be similar enough to easily plumb them back in. Now are are you just looking for the internals that insert from inside the tub jet, or are you looking to replace the entire jet body that is plumbed in on the backside of the spa?

Customer:

just the internals - it has internal jet about 4 " long that plugs into just housing which is 5 " wide - then you insert them into a housing the spa

poolguy810 :

ahh, okay, well, they're more than likely waterway jets as they make most of them out there for the spa manufacturers, and there are literally hundreds of different jets out there, the easiest way for me to help you match something up is going to be a couple of pictures of the internal itself. the easier way, if you can even see any of them, is the jet body on the back of the spa will have waterway's number on the jet body and then i can match up the internal as well, they normally start with a 210- or 212- type of numbers.

Customer:

ok - should have pic for you shortly

poolguy810 :

now on your light issue, you can buy the led color changing lights on about any spa parts website and they will snap right into the same light body you have on the backside of the spa, very easy to install and not too expensive any more

Customer: having problem inserting Pic
Customer:

but there is a number 36-570 on outer portion of jet

Customer:

36-5760

poolguy810 :

ok, that number doesn't sound familiar and it won't come up on any of my jet supplier websites, try sending the picture to my screen name with @aol.com added to it

Customer:

done

poolguy810 :

ok, got it, looks like part of the jet may still be in the body, that doesn't look like an entire jet assembly, normally there's a cone that comprises the back end of the jet and it may still be in the body cavity, if not, and that's the entire jet, i'll have to admit i've never seen one like that in the 30 years i've been working on them, and we've got quite a few nordic's around here as well.

Customer:

correct the housing itself is still in spa

poolguy810 :

the jet housing, yes, should still be mounted, but i'm wondering if part of the jet insert is still in the jet body and not connected as it should be to the part you sent a picture of

Customer:

ok - just sent you pic from bottom view if that helps

poolguy810 :

ok, still not seeing the pieces i'm looking for, if the spa is empty, can you get me a pic of the jet hole that this insert came out of so i can determine if we're looking at the entire insert or just part of it.

Customer:

when i had to replace the other jet I got the two pieces shown - you then ease them into housing with jets off and turn to insert - then when jets are on the unit is engaged

Customer:

it is just that I had to pay local dealer over $50 bucks for a part that he ordered from somewhere and I just wanted to buy via net since even getting to his location is a bear.

poolguy810 :

yeah, i hear ya, most jets normally wholesale from anywhere from 6 dollars to 25 or so, so you could probably find them for that price range. if that's all you got when you ordered them the last time and it looks right to you then that is probably the entire jet. i can check around tomorrow when some of my suppliers open up to see if anything is available as honestly, i've never seen a jet like that one, but i may still be able to locate a vendor or part number for you so you can order and install one yourself. If i can't help out, just process a refund and we're both just out a little chat time, but i'll be happy to see what i can find out for you.

Customer:

ok - will do - let me know how you make out tomorrow - again it came from a Nordic and is a Crown XL model and this is a large floor jet

Customer:

my direct email is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Experience: Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.