poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

I have a master spa ls2x legend series. The mother board got

I have a master spa ls2x legend series. The mother board got fried and replaced it yesterday. The mother board is a balboa ms5000. All the pumps are primed. When i turn on the hot tub pump # XXXXX stays on can't turn it off heater comes on for a half minute than i get messages hfl and lf message.

Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 5 years ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? assuming that you still have your old board, double check all of your small jumper pins on the new board to make sure they match up with the same configuration on the old board. It almost sounds like the new board may be configured for a continuous run circ pump and it's activating your jet pump instead. The other thing to check would be make sure your high speed and low speed wires to your pump are on the correct position on the board as well, so if you have red as high speed on the pump motor, make sure red coming on to the board is going to high speed as well and the same with the black wire to that pump, but normally when you have that happen with a new board, it's usually the jumper pins in the wrong position, or if it has dip switches, make sure they match up to the old board as well.