poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

We are looking for a heater for a 2003 Caldera Geneva Hot tub.

Customer Question

We are looking for a heater for a 2003 Caldera Geneva Hot tub. The spa was a hand me down and did not have a heater when we got it. They were using it without heater working. We cannot find any info on which is right heater
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 5 years ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think that model uses a small circulation pump to run water through the heater. if you can post me a picture of the control pack area i can get you a part number to order by. i'm pretty sure I remember that year and model and what the heater looks like, but i'd like to be sure.

poolguy810 :

i'm curious how they were using it with no heater, the heater is part of the water plumbing and without one, all the water would drain out.

JACUSTOMER-3k708357- :

I worded wrong. They had been using it with heater there but not working. They had a repairman come out and he removed the heater and they never got it back. I cannot find anything that matches the Caldera part number that they wrote down, don't have a manual and they also have a laing part number written down. I can find that or at least a suggested repair part. Just wasn't sure if there should be more to it or not. They have infinity electrical heater written on info they could provide

poolguy810 :

hmm, okay, well Laing only manufactures the circulation pumps, but if you still have the small circ pump, then you don't need that, but if i saw the pack area, I can probably figure out which heater you need. does it have a plastic control pack unit, that maybe says IQ2000 or IQ2020? If you can't post the picture on here, just add to my screen name and send it there. I'm heading to bed, but will check back in the morning to see if we can get you taken care of. thanks, jeff