poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

my hot tub keeps flashing Ec its made by sun valley model Tahoe.

Customer Question

my hot tub keeps flashing Ec its made by sun valley model Tahoe. IT wll flash water temp then the Ec
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 3 years ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? The EC just means it's in economy mode and only comes on at certain times of the day to filter and heat, it may not always be at the temperature you have it set for if it hasn't engaged into one of the filter cycles recently. If you have a mode button, you can switcth it to standard mode and it will run and heat anytime it needs heat, kind of like the furnace in your house, if it cools down one degree, it kicks on and heats up, then shuts off again. Economy mode only heats at preset times during a 24 hour period. if you can't get it figured out, let me know, and i might need a description of your topside controller and a button layout to describe how to change modes. just let me know, and we'll get you figured out. thanks, jeff

Customer :

Its been doing this for 3 days straight. It never goes off. I have had the hot tub for 4 years and I have not seen it do this before. I no longer have the info for the hot tub to look it up or try to decifer the codes and no one around me carries this line... the place I bought it from went out of business.

poolguy810 :

it's probably a balboa spa pack, it should stay on the box down in the cabinet, if you can get me that information and the numbers off the box, along with a description of the button layout or a picture of your topside, i can look up all the info and talk you through it. if you can't send the picture here, just email it to me at poolguy810@aol.com and i'll get the info we need.

Customer :

ok.. I will send a picture. Thank you

poolguy810 :

alrighty, i'm heading out for a bit, but i'll get back with you in a while, hopefully with some info to help you out, thanks

Customer :

I checked on the hot tub again earlier today and it is still signaling Ec... hope you can help. thanks.