poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

remote control and stereo do not work have a marin sundance

remote control and stereo do not work have a marin sundance spa changed the batery in the remote control still did not work reset the stereo still did not work pumps jets lights all work from the control manual
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 3 years ago.

poolguy810 :

Hello, how can I help you today? Are you getting any indication that the stereo has power to it, anything at all lit up on it?

Customer:

no

poolguy810 :

okay, well, it might be a bit of a pain to get to, but you're going to remove the panel that the stereo is in and check the in-line fuse that's in the power line to the stereo, it will be a normal glass fuse like you'd find in older cars etc. It's likely that this fuse has blown and cut power to the stereo

Customer:

what about the remote

poolguy810 :

If the fuse looks okay, you'd have to backtrack to the 12 volt power supply that will be mounted inside the cabinet as well.

poolguy810 :

even without the remote, you should be able to turn the radio on manually, have you tried that yet?

Customer:

no it is raining and i have not tore it apart yet

Customer:

would that kill the remote also

poolguy810 :

yeah, if the fuse blows feeding the stereo, then the unit doesn't have any power coming to it, so the remote won't do anything for it

Customer:

the remote also operates the pumps blower and lights would that also kill that remote funtion the beam is in the speaker it has to be up for the remote to work

poolguy810 :

yes, it's more than likely a infrared remote instead of radio wave, so if the speaker isn't up and the beam has no way of reaching the ir receiver then it would cut everything. I would check the manual power button on the radio first. If it won't come on manually, then we have a power problem to the radio itself and once that is fixed and the speaker is up, then the remote should function then as well. Do your pumps and blowers work if activated from the touchpad on the spaside?

Customer:

yes just not from the remote i can operate everything from the touchpad. the stereo has a power button on it not on the touchpad but yes everything else works from the touchpad

poolguy810 :

but we haven't had a chance to check out the power button on the stereo have you? That would be the place to start for sure just to make sure we still have power to it

Customer:

yes we have nothing occurs that was the first thing i did theni hit the reset button nothing then utilizing the power button once again all else works from the touch pad

poolguy810 :

well, whenever the rains stop, you'll need to remove that side panel of the spa that houses the stereo, there will be an inline glass fuse that is more than likely blown, you can pick one up at any automotive or hardware store, if it's not blown, there is also a 12 volt power supply in there that the power lead will go to. we'd have to use a meter to check to see if it has 120 volts coming into it and 12 volts coming out to the stereo. I can help you isolate it, but you might need to use an electrical meter to do some of it if you have one and want to go that far in the testing, I'm happy to help you out as much as you need to.

Customer:

you at least gave more of a starting place then i have had i will pay you if this does not work then we can walk through the next steps i really appreciate your patience overall this spa has been good how do i get back in touch with you.thanks mike

poolguy810 :

yes, if you go ahead and accept now, you can still come back and ask me questions on this same thread, it will bring you back to me directly and i'll be more than happy to help out. I can't re-open the thread, but you can, just click back on it if you need more help and it will alert me.

Experience: Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.