GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Trying to find out where to drain the block on my 3800 eng

Customer Question

trying to find out where to drain the block on my 3800 eng 2006 grand prix - and how to get to it
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Pontiac Grand Prix. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I've got the "brown mud" syndrome in my cooling system and am trying to find out which flush solvent works best on that crud.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  john aka eaut replied 4 days ago.

any flush treatment and drop the lower radiator hose..repeated flushing is usuually needed to get all the muddy dexcool out

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I believe my question was how to get to the plugs to drain the block on my 2006 Grand Prix. Any "info" on that?

so you want to knock a freeze plug out..? we pull the thermostat and lower hose and force water thru