Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

My question is how come my fan comes in soon as I start the

Customer Question

My question is how come my fan comes in soon as I start the car but stays on when I turn it off and I turn my lights off and the fan goes off I just changed out the switch for the lights because my hi beams were turning on all the time I I also just changed the battery out and cleared a engineering hot turn air off as soon as I started the car that's not happening now but the fan is coming in

Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the engine coolant temp sensor sending a false signal.This causes the fan to kick on like this here.If this has not been checked to see if this is the cause for sure here this does need to be done.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete