GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have to get to bed soon, but I'll check back for an answer

Customer Question

I have to get to bed soon, but I'll check back for an answer tomorrow. I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent I really regret buying, it has all kinds of electrical bugaboos. First off, occasionally the radio and turn signals make no sound and you have to turn the car off for a bit to get them back. Secondly, and most annoyingly, the darned check engine light comes on and then the 'Service Stabilitrack' warning comes on the dash, usually at the same time. I've replaced both O2 sensors, but the check engine light still comes on. I read online that replacing the EGR valve would fix the 'Service Stabilitrack' light. That makes no sense to me, but I did it anyway. No dice. I'm really getting frustrated with this thing, any suggestions?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  david craig replied 12 days ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site and sorry you're having these issues. the Pontiac Torrent and Aztec are in the top 10 list of worst vehicles ever so I feel your pain. let me pull up information for you and we will try to get this figured out.

This is almost always caused by an erratic signal from one of the wheel speed sensors.. usually one of the front ones. Inspect the harnesses near each wheel hub. Turning the wheel all the way to each side when inspecting will help. I've seen the harnesses come out of the retainer and rub on the wheel hub causing this. The only other way is with a scan tool while monitoring wheel speed sensor data and looking for an erratic signal.

Expert:  david craig replied 11 days ago.

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't know. Been at work, but it sounds like I can check this or fix it myself, that I'll have to take it to a wheel and tire place to have the individual sensors and sensor hub checked, right? Really doesn't help me do a DIY fix.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
34;Sounds like I cannot check this"..... typo

unless you have a scan tool that can read live abs data then you wont be able to do it yourself.a tire shop is not the place to go. you will need to take it to a repair shop.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Then that's what I will plan on. Thanks anyway, sorry you couldn't help.

without the proper tools/equipment no one can help you with the vehicles problem. take care and good luck to you.