Jake Cheek
Jake Cheek,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Hendrick Chevrolet
96914122

After replacing the temp blend door on a 2006 Pontiac

Customer Question

After replacing the temp blend door on a 2006 Pontiac torrent the turn signals or hazards do not work any idea why?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** to JustAnswer.

Sounds like the dash was apart to replace the blend door. It could be that something was not plugged in when it was reinstalled. I would first check the connectors on the steering column for the turn and hazard signals.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did, I unplugged them and plugged them back in. I also had the turn signal on and wiggled the plugs and the wires and I got nothing.

Okay, I will look up some diagrams. One moment.

In the center of the instrument panel, behind the radio and HVAC control module assemblies is the turn signal relay. Can you check to make sure that it is plugged in as well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not at the car at the moment but I will check as soon as I can. Also when I was in the dash I found a three prong plug and it didn't have anything plugged into it would that have anything to do with it?

Did it look like this? This is the plug for the turn signal relay.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but nothing was plugged into it and I never found a relay laying around and everything worked before.

Then that may not be it. But it is worth a check on that relay to make sure it is plugged in.