GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am having a start problem with my 2008 Pontiac Soltice, I

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl!
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I am having a start problem with my 2008 Pontiac Soltice
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: I just put a brand new battery in ti and the lights coe on.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It will have the security light come on the ESC Service and Traction light come on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I took it to the dealer and told him when it does start the lights warning lights are going offf, the RPM gauge fluctuting along with fuel gauge.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car will start on days and then won't do anything. As you turn the ignition, it will not turn over. The fault light did not come on until I drove the car for about 30 minutes. I also changed the no crank fuse. I only had the car for over a month. The car only has 36,700 miles on it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also checked the ground wires. The dealer did a diagnostic check but did not find anything but did not do a through troubleshooting job in my opinion as I request they drive the car. However, they wanted to charge me $250.00 to change the battery for labor.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- What were the fault codes retrieved at the dealer ?

2- The alarm is been triggered intermittently , when it is triggered on , the car will not start

3- Do you have 1 or 2 keys for it , and have you tried the other key to start ,will it make a difference

4- We need a factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve fault codes from alarm modules and other module to narrow down why the alarm is triggered on

5- why was the battery recommended to be replaced, did they say battery is weak, because if it is , it will cause that issue , if the alarm sensor volatge less than 11.5 volts it will triggered it

6- battery should be $100 plus $50 install: so $250 is high

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat