Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 200 Pontiac gran prix and when I was at the store

Customer Question

i have a 200 Pontiac gran prix and when I was at the store last nite I lost my key, I didn't realize it had the chip under the plastic therefore I thought it was a regular key, long story short I drilled the ignition so I could start it with a screwdriver, and of course the next day the store called and had found my key( after I sat there in their parking lot for 6 1/2 hours and made 7 trips back inside to look for it, looked in the parking lot with a flashlight looking like a fukn tweeker and finally paid $100 to have my car towed home, and now that I have the stupid key back its too short after my drilling episode, it did start with the screwdriver but then it died instantly
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: I wish
JA: What year is your Grand Prix?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am so far I have just managed to get the ignition drilled out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just after it started and died I saw the security light so I have left it alone since then
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This means the ignition switch will need to be replaced then the 30 minute relearn will need to be done. Here are instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/339ow2yeefnkyns/gp1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0asb83hcb5adtnb/gp2.pdf?dl=0