tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs
14541291

Cranks over but no spark no fuel pump security light is on

Customer Question

Cranks over but no spark no fuel pump security light is on but never flashed 1999 bonneville 3800 serious 2 not super charged
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Stays solif
JA: Are you fixing your Bonneville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ignition module crankshaft and camshaft sensors all fuses r good took fuel pump out n ran it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get it running
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also change computer under hood
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

sense you have replaced those parts,,you will now need to do a passlock auto relearn.

The following is the Auto Learn Procedure: 1. Insure the ignition key is in the ON position. 2. Clear all EVO/PASSLOCK(TM) module and VCM/PCM DTCs. Record and refer any VCM/PCM DTCs to "Diagnostic System Check". See: Computers and Control Systems > Testing and Inspection 3. Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the CRANK position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the RUN position (Do NOT key OFF in the process). 4. Wait 10 minutes. Observe the SECURITY indicator[this is your security light]. Refer to the following list for the appropriate responses: ^ If the PASSLOCK(TM) sensor was replaced the SECURITY indicator will flash for the 10 minutes duration. ^ If the EVO/PASSLOCK(TM) module was replaced, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the remainder of the 10 minutes duration. ^ If the VCM/PCM was replaced with a new programmed VCM/PCM and connected to the vehicle for the first time, the vehicle will start and this procedure may not be necessary. ^ If the replacement VCM/PCM was connected to any vehicle at any other time, even momentarily, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the 10 minutes duration. 5. The SECURITY indicator will transition from flashing to ON briefly to OFF after 10 minutes if remaining in the ignition ON position. 6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and wait for 10 seconds. 7. Repeat steps 3-6 two more times. The new security code is ready to be communicated among the PASSLOCK sensor, EVO/PASSLOCK module and VCM/PCM. The new password ***** ***** on the next ignition lock cylinder cycle from OFF to CRANK to ON (start attempt).

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.