Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

08 Gran Prix Have no power to inside panel with key on or

Customer Question

08 Gran Prix Have no power to inside panel with key on or off to onstar/aldl,canister,pk lamps,radio,chmsl/bkup,hvac,int lite,displays,rfa/mod. See no damage to wiring, What has happened? Plus there is no AC. Help!
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did all of these issues occur at the same time?

Have you checked all fuses in all fuse panels?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all at once, The remaining fuses good,and under hood good. nothing works in instrument cluster.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What liter engine is in this model here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3.8
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Locate the Batt1 and Batt Main 1 40 and 50 amp large fuses in the under hood fuse panel and see if one is blown.If one of these are blown this cuts power to the smaller fuses that feed these electronics here.If these are checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked the fuses and they are OK
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

If you have a test light or multi meter see if these fuses have voltage to them on one terminal that each fuse plugs into and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Been under the weather, Will report back, tks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

No problem.Hope you feel well soon.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they do have voltage. Could this be an ignition switch problem? Just guessing.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The electronic ignition switch can be common to fail and cause an issue like this here in some cases so it is very possible this is the electronic ignition switch itself at fault.I would have the signals tested from this switch to see if it needs replaced.If you need or want the testing info let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please, That might help.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

At the ignition switch locate the two wires one in each connector in terminal A at each connector that are white/black wires and see if these have 12 volts at all times key on or off and let me know.

Thanks Pete