sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I can't get into the trunk, I have a Pontiac G6 convertible.

Customer Question

I can't get into the trunk
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: I have a Pontiac G6 convertible. The console gives a message 'top not secure' and it has disabled the key fob, and trunk button
JA: What year is your G6?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I called Pontiac roadside service, and the said to wait until Monday when their service is available. I am out of town, and my suitcase is stuck in trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ask them if they know how to get into the trunk thru the cabin. Also, maybe I could unhook the battery? To reset a sensor? Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The trunk is disabled because it isn't seeing the top closed. The root cause of the issue is the top not closing or a microswitch/wiring issue causing it to think the top isn't closed when it actually is.

Without a scan tool the only way to force the trunk open would be to locate the light blue wire in pin 16 of body control module connector 1 and use a jumper wire to momentarily apply ground to the circuit. This will actuate the trunk release relay.