Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

My radiator broke causing coolant to go in the transmission.

My radiator broke causing coolant to go in the transmission. Now it won't shift right after I tried flushing the transmission with a machine with new fluid
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaking. The car is a 2005 Pontiac grand prix.
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I tried flushing the transmission with new fluid but noticing hard shifting. Also rpms can go pretty high.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Are all the 3.8 of a 2005 with or without supercharge have the same transmission?

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

coolant in a transmission will cause the clutch fiber plates to deteriorate and cause this issue

this will need a transmission swap or this one rebuilt

yes the transmissions are the same super charged or not

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

let me know

dont forget to rate us here

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also what's the best way to get the mixture out of the engine? I've tried several flushes but it seems like there's still some there. I think that it's kinda causing it to overheat.

i prefer the prestone chemical cleaner it will remove everything out