Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

2010 pontiac vibe gt automatic How can I remove the engine

2010 pontiac vibe gt automatic
How can I remove the engine governor?
Thanks,
Jayne

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Jayne the governor is inside the engines computer and done through programming

the only way to remove the governor is to guy a plug in programmer to the car to adjust the programming to stop governing it witch summitracing.com sells them

or you can do a google search for automotive computer programmers online and send your computer out and they will remove the governor programming from the computer

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I removed the governor on my 1995 Chevy Camaro v8 6 speed & I had to do something with the transmission as well as the programming. It'seems been so long ago I just don'the remember the specifics.

the 2010 it is all in the programming of the computer to limit the speed and RPM and the programming needs to be removed or manipulated with a scan tool programmer to take the governor out

dont forget to rate us here

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here