Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

C 1298 car problem code showed on diagnostic tool, car

Customer Question

c 1298 car problem code showed on diagnostic tool, car cranks but no start, bought new battery, car still didn't start, pulled out fuses and still no start, security light,battery,oil and service engine light stays on don't have any money left now.
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Solid lights(security,battery,oil,service) vehicle soon are on.I must have done something wrong?
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2001,grand am gt v6
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.I replaced the battery,then tried to reset the security,pulled out fuses in engine and put them back still no start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope this is free.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assit you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The code C1298 is an ABS fault code and should not cause a no start condition. If you security light is on then I would try running the pass lock re-learn procedure. See it in the link below.