Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

I have a vibration from the right side. I have replaced the

Customer Question

I have a vibration from the right side. I have replaced the cv shaft, rotor, and calipers. I haven't even test drove it yet due to the vibration on jack stands. When I replaced the cv axle I also took out the stub shaft and replaced the trans output seal and sleeve. I still have quite a bit of play in the shaft and it apppears to not be going in the trans all the way, but it is bottoming out against the differential and locks in place. I placed the stub shaft in the shaft first and made sure that was locked in place prior to installing the new shaft.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an internal mechanical fault with the output shaft bearing or housing coming apart internally in the transmission itself.I have seen these as the cause here for issues like this.If this has not been checked into this needs done to see if any of these are the cause.This may require removal of the transmission for internal inspection and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete