Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Door locks, key fob and windows will not work on 2008

Customer Question

Door locks, key fob and windows will not work on 2008 Pontiac Torrent
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We replaced battery in fob but someone advised me that there is a computer that controls these things and I cannt remember the name
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Yes the BCM ( Body Control Module ) the computer for it , and it is a common failure issue ( I sent you a picture location of it and R & R for it )

It will need programing be a dealer scaner or equivalent , you can just buy one and plug it in , the new BCM needs programming to work after installation

1 - Body Control Module (BCM) 2 - Instrument Panel Harness 3 - Center Instrument Panel Support

Body Control Module Replacement Removal Procedure Important: If data is not retrieved from the malfunctioning body control module (BCM), additional time will be required to program the replacement BCM. 1. Retrieve data from the malfunctioning BCM. 2. Rotate the ignition switch to the OFF pos

3. Remove the radio bezel. 4. Disconnect the BCM electrical harnesses. 5. Remove the BCM from the instrument panel (I/P) retainer: 1. Pry the BCM tabs from the locking tabs on the underside of the restraint. 2. Slide the BCM out of the retainer.

1. Install the BCM. 2. Install the radio bezel. 3. Slide the BCM tabs into the slots in the I/P retainer until the tabs lock into place. 4. Connect the electrical connectors. 5. Program a new or a remanufactured BCM. See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning

2008 Pontiac Truck Torrent AWD V6-3.4L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Body Control Module

Body Control Module

Part #15921352 $369.94

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This does not tell me where the module can be found. This is not what I expected. Please discontinue and I will not rate

ok no problem ,sorry , I will send it to customer service for refund now