Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

No heat in van. temp guage shows normal. no fan working.

Customer Question

no heat in van . temp guage shows normal . no fan working . electronic card inline to fan is brand new . no fuses blown. once in a while it does work . the outside temp and wind speed by the mirror when working so does the fan and controls , when the outside temp and wind speed does not show the fan and selectors do not work
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2001 montana extra lenght
JA: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am the repairman. Ichecked the 2 fuse panels re connections and voltage at each fuse and I show ok . I only show the test light illuminating at one wire on the heat selector sw. and one wire on the harness into the inline module to the fan and nothing into the fan
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: its damn cold here in Canada now and I please need the heater prob solved
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i found it strange that when the read out of the wind speed and direction of wind and outside temperature did in fact work and lit up the fan would work either on air cond .or heat . Could the sensor for the weather be obstructing the heater / air conditioning control ?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out this needs done to see what codes are set with this issue here.I have seen issues with the heater/ac control on the dash as the cause in some cases and cause this fault here needing replaced.If you cannot get the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model let me know and we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete