Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Wont start ;say starting disable, all good i think its the

Customer Question

wont start ;say starting disable
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: all good i think its the antitheft system
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: pontiac montana2006
JA: What year is your Pontiac?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes; try to cableboost
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know how to enable the starting procedure
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

But you can Try A Master Reset Manually

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
we did all that with no result

unfortunately you will need a diagnostic scan to see what failed in the antitheft system ,so you can fix what failed, key, switch , module etc..and the scan will narrow it down

there is no fuse or relay to pull out to disable , the module is connected to the car computer and the computer want allow start up .

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 days ago.

Hey ,how are you

just checking if you got some fault codes & retrieved and still need assistance on it

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician