Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

Trying to figure find a diagram showing where Bank one o2

Customer Question

trying to figure find a diagram showing where Bank one o2 sensor and catalytic converter are located but can't find a diagram. Don't want to get ripped off at the repair shop when I go so I like to know things. Is this one near the manifold.
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: It's a 2006 Pontiac G6 Base 3.5l
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: P0420 error points to catalytic converter and error code state Base One
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it's easy enough, I'd like to do it myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

On this vehicle, the Bank1 Converter and Oxygen Sensor are located on the side of the engine closest to the windshield. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/4YfFfh - The Labor Time Guide calls for 3 hours to replace the Bank1 Converter. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

..