Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Ac not working on 2003 Pontiac vibe. ac button lights,

Customer Question

ac not working on 2003 Pontiac vibe. ac button lights green, engine makes noise when ac button is pushed. when I lift the hood, cooling fan by radiator is working, blowing cool air on engine, the compressor is spinning on the engine all belts & pulleys are working but air temp is same as if the fan were on only
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: car has not over heated I didn't check fuses, I thought if light was on & compressor & fan was running that meant fuse was ok
JA: Are you fixing your Vibe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet if I can fix myself I will its a 2003, cant see spending a lot of money on an older car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assit you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Since the compressor is running then the system should be producing cool air if the Freon pressure reading are correct. What you need to do first is connect a set of pressure gauges to the low and high side ports and lets read the system pressure with the compressor running. The normal low side pressure on a full system should be right at 35 to 40 PSI and the high side readings should be right at 200 to 210 PSI. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to see if we can get this resolved for you.