Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had a the ignition cylinder locked ans after a day of

Customer Question

Hi! I had a the ignition cylinder locked ans after a day of trying to unlock it with no luck. I used the rubber mallet approach hitting the key while turning it, which worked. However after turning it off again once again it stayed locked and will not turn. Did the rubber mallet approach again and it released once again without delay. However the control panel doesn't light up and the engine starts then stalls. what do I need to do get get this running?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park wheel dit not lock nor is the steering wheel
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2005 grand am
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: that all id spray wd40 into the cylinder
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: like what
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had just bought this car from a coworker and she had lost the coded key. The key I was provided appears to be the valet key all metal with no plastic handle.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • SO far your at the least needing a new ignition tumbler to match 2 coded keys. Do you work on this kind of stuff?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris