GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 1981 Firebird. 4.9L non-turbo. The vehicle was

Customer Question

I have a 1981 Firebird. 4.9L non-turbo. The vehicle was jumped backwards after the car sat for a few months. I noticed the cap and rotor on the distributer where broken. Therefore, i replaced the distributer cap, rotor and coil. I also replaced the Ignition module after testing it at my local autopart store. The vehicle cranks. However it does not turn on. I went ahead and replaced the spark plugs and wires since I had replaced most of the maintenance pieces. I know it can't be fuel related since i can see the jets in the carburetor dumping fuel. Also, I sprayed carb cleaner and while cranking but didn't make a difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

When you say the car was jumped backwards, do you mean the jumper cables to the battery where connected backwards?