Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

U need the security code to program my ignition switch,

Customer Question

U need the security code to program my ignition switch, doors and trunk
JA: I'm an assistant to the Pontiac Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I need the security code to my 2000 grand am gt
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No, I don't
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm going to bring it to a locksmith to have the keys programmed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What I really need is the key code to my 2000 Pontiac grand am GT so that my ignition key works on the doors and trunk.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

IN allot of cases you can obtain the exact key code from a dealers parts department at no charge to you as long as you show proof of vehicle ownership and a photo ID.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know before you leave a rating so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I chose Just Answer to obtain the key code for my vehicle and understood that I would get an answer within 10 mins or 1 day. 72 hours has passed until I received a response, I received a message stating my answer would be ready in 8 minutes 3 times on Friday. In my area the key code is $25 at the dealership and $20 at the locksmith. This service did not help me at all it wasted my time and gave false hope. I'm not happy. Thanks Pete for at least answering but it's too late and I tried this service to save money I'm back at square one.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself with help that may work for you on this.It looks like my answer isnt an option here for you but someone else here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete