Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

Rear passanger door opens on its own when van is off, just

Customer Question

rear passanger door opens on its own when van is off
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: just started will open if van is locked
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: never happened before 127,000
JA: What year is your Pontiac?
Customer: 2005 SV6 never had any problems before
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning contacts,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: trying to fix self
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From here this sounds like a fault with the door latch electronics releasing the door then the module sees the release and pulls the door open.I have seen the door latch fail in the past before as well as shorted or corroded wiring inside the door to the latch needing repaired.I would have the wiring checked in the door as well as contact plate on the door pillar for any issues.If these are o.k. I suspect the latch needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete