GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What, 2nd cooling fan not working and check engine light on.

Customer Question

what
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2nd cooling fan not working and check engine light on. i checked relays and exchange with ones that work on 2000 caddy deville and they work ok on caddy. Took off relay covers and pushed in manually and high speed comes on powerful.Any suggestions. Turn on ac switch and fan high speed will not come on. Any suggestments to help me out thought it may be pcm .
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: light staya
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im sorry its the 2000 grand prix with 3.8 litre that im having problems with. i used the relays from caddy to try on grand prix. which caddy is ok.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What are the conditions of the car that you are testing the high speed fan?

It will not come on until temp reaches 230 degrees or the AC pressure exceeds 240 PSI