Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

Traction control light comes on and car has a hard time

Customer Question

Traction control light comes on and car has a hard time starting to take off, like a loss of power. Does this in both reverse and drive and the light and check engine light won't go off. Runs at about 1800 to 2000 RPMs
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: They stay on but will reset if you turn the car off
JA: What is the model of your '00 Pontiac?
Customer: 2006 Pontiac torrent
JA: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I plan on it. I haven't tried anything just yet. Was looking for ideas of what could be the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This just started today, and mainly does it if you have to put the car in reverse and back up. Then the light comes on and you start having this issue
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

It is very likely you have a wheel speed sensor that has failed. Do you have a scanner that can read chassis codes?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.