Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Acts like there is broken wave plate binds in reverse dtc

Customer Question

acts like there is broken wave plate binds in reverse dtc throws 756 shift soleniod replaced stuck in limp mode
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 2008 already changed and checked level good
JA: Are you fixing your Wave yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: plan on it Tryed lots of trouble shooting and cleaned valve body in tran 4t40e no stuck valve pressure control soleniod checks ok ohms
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just help dtc 756 and reverse binds and limp mode thx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • Binding in reverse normally comes out to be a gear set or one way that is faulty. Any concerns with forward gears or engine braking when coasting?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
found burned up rev plates replacing why it said 1-2 performance soleniod and not plates?

There are no codes for the reverse clutch failing. If you give me the make and model I will look up what codes it could of stored for reverse related issues.