Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15+ years gm experiance and am very knowledgeable with systems and operations and diagnosis and have access to factory wiring diagrams and tsb's

After I purchased a new fuel pump for my 2007 Pontiac G6 my

Customer Question

After I purchased a new fuel pump for my 2007 Pontiac G6 my gas hand stopped working & I want to know why.
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I just replaced it a week ago
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No ma'am & just a fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I get gas I have a hard time trying to crank it also
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

so if the fuel level gauge stopped working that means that you have a few different possible scenarios with the new parts

• the wiring was damaged when connecting the new fuel pump
  • the new level sensor is damaged in the tank and the arm is not connected anymore
  • the new sensor on the new pump is bad

you will need to have the fuel pump removed and manually move the float arm to watch the gauge operate. and also verify if the arm is attached to the sensor anymore. but if the issue happened after the new pump was installed then the issue will be with the new part or the installation. worst case the new pump did not come with a float ! and the installer did not see it. i hope this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

did you have any follow up questions ?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

i noticed you have seen my responses, i ask that you please let me know if the info i provided was helpful or not, i did take my time to help you with what information you have given me but i will not be paid until you rate me positively, it does not cost extra to respond or to rate so please let me know if you got the car taken care of or not, i am here to help if you still need help, Lou P.