Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2000 bonneville SSEI that is acting up. At WOT it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 bonneville SSEI that is acting up. At WOT it will cut out when it hits about 4,300 RPM. It has new plug wires, new spark plugs. New mass airflow sensor, new crankshaft position sensor, and I just replaced the MAP sensor. I recently drove the car to Reno, and at about 6,000 ft elevation I went to pass someone and it ran great. Went up to 5500 rpm and left them in the dust. But at sea level, it cuts out only over 4,000 rpm. I was thinking map sensor or MAF because of this but it runs exactly the same. I am at a loss of things to check. Any ideas? Thanks.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a volt meter? Any codes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sam, thanks for the response. No codes are coming up, I do have a code reader and a voltmeter.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Place you meter on ohms. Remove the plug wires off the coils, one coil at a time and measure resistance across the coil posts. check all 3 coils.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I had A lot going on yesterday. I will check ohms on the coils and post results
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.