Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

There is a noise in my transmission Pontiac 2007 G5, Just in

Customer Question

There is a noise in my transmission Pontiac 2007 G5
JA: Have you heard this particular sound before?
Customer: Just in the last two weeks someone said maybe I need fluid
JA: Are you fixing your G5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I had a garage look at it they said something was wrong with the transmission and referred me to a specialist I can't afford that can I fill the fluid myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just help
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

How many miles on your car? Have you ever had transmission serviced? Can you do anything to make noise stop? Is it all of the time or only when moving?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Brb going to look
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
139122
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Have you ever had transmission serviced? Can you do anything to make noise stop? Is it all of the time or only when moving?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Never had tra
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Can you do anything to make noise stop? Is it all of the time or only when moving?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When moving never had tranny serviced bought car used just replaced clutch kit
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Is this a manual transmission?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can't afford calling clutch job cost me eleven hundred dollars
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please just answer my question
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Is this a stick shift transmission? I didnt request a call

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
five speed stick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

They just put in a clutch and now you have a noise? They should have changed the fluid. If you lightly touch clutch does the noise change? If you slightly turn steering wheel when driving back and forth does it change? What speed is it loudest

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it doesn't change under 60 it's loud was on vacation when it first started over 60 no noise
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

was it making noise before clutch?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It wasn't making noise until I didn't see a curb inputment and ran over it but garage says transfer case
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

To check the fluid level you need to remove left front wheel.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Did they say final drive? Your car doesnt have a transfer case. If you ran over curb it is very likely you cracked the case. They should be able to install a used one fairly reasonably.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No they said something about transmission
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

It is hard to say for sure without seeing it. If you just want to check the fluid it requires removal of drivers front tire. If you hit an imputment it is likely you have internal damage,